Activities – Kids for Christ
Our Kid for Christ ministry not only teaches them the Word of God but it practically teaches them what it is to serve others who are less fortunate. The ministry of the farm kids is uniquely designed and owned by the kids as their ministry and occurs throughout the eyar as events are planned.
Again, the Bible is our inspiration.
LUKE 18:16 “But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
“Kids For Christ” is aimed at reaching kids between the ages of 8-12. This group of children comes together in a somewhat social setting as opposed to the idea of it being “church”. The objective is for the kids to get to know one another on a personal level and not only on a church level where they see one another once a week. They are able to build relationships by having fun with one another. The group does not only have “fun” as it is a place and an opportunity for the kids to learn, so we take time out to learn the Word of God.
- Learning is done in a fun way and with lots of activities.
- It is also the children’s responsibility to clean the fellowship hall after the activities to remind them that they need to have the heart of a servant.
- God wants us to serve one another and take responsibility of that which is ours.
- Having a sense of responsibility for the building also gives our children a sense of pride and ownership.
- This group is the feeder group for our Youth Group which caters for children between the ages of 13 and 18.
- Activities are arranged to encourage interaction between the two groups.
Farm Kids Outreach
PROVERBS 14:31 “He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honours God.” PROVERBS 17:5 “He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished.” PROVERBS 21:13 “If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.”
To teach our children and to be merciful to those less fortunate than they are.
- This is a ministry belonging to the kids.
- Every year we collect gifts consisting of toys and needy items for specific children and ages.
- This is collected at an annual dinner event called, “Christmas in July/August”.
- Parents together with the children of the congregation hand out gifts close to Christmas time and play games with the farm children.
- It inculcates a sense of giving in the family of God and also teaches our children the value of “being like Jesus” in that He has given us the gift of life.
- The aim is to teach our children the reality of being a blessing to all the nations that God loves.